Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pregnancy

I have never enjoyed being pregnant. I just don't like it, at all. I've never been one of those women that enjoy bringing life into this world. That gene must have passed over me. I don't enjoy my face stuck in the toilet 10 times a day. Or the excessive amount of weight that my body takes on. I especially don't like the nastiness that just comes along with being pregnant. Whatever tolerance that I had with my other pregnancies is gone with this one.

This pregnancy has been horrible from the start. I was super sick all of the time. I couldn't keep anything down. When I was about 8 weeks along I started hemorrhaging. I went to triage because we thought that I was having another miscarriage. I had a tear in my uterus instead. I was put on a really strict bed rest for 5 weeks. The tear healed and shouldn't be a problem for the rest of the pregnancy.

The best thing about this pregnancy is that we are finally having our boy! I am so excited!

Around 26 weeks I started getting contractions. Not Braxton Hicks Contractions. Real starts in your back and wraps around the front contractions. My Doctor thought that I was starting to go into preterm labor, so he put me on bed rest. I have been on bed rest now for the past 24 days and have to be on it till I deliver. Today was another Dr's appt and things just got a little worse. I am still getting contractions and my cervix is nice and soft and starting to dilate. I had two ultrasounds, a stress test and a cervical exam today. Next week I get to go in for another test, cervical exam and a preterm labor test. I am now on "super" bed rest, and not thrilled at all. I am 29 weeks.

baby stats:
my baby boy is already 3lbs and in the 95th%

2 comments:

Leilani said...

I am so sorry things are going so rough for you. However, I feel your pain about the not enjoying being pregnant at all thing. I'm almost halfway through mine and all I can think about is, man I have so much longer to go. It takes forever. And then I feel guilty for feeling like that. I admire you for being so tough though and going through it six times! Hang in there!

TulsaT said...

Just keep telling yourself and anyone that will listen the following-

"he has two choices 1. vascetomy or 2. celebacy."

LinkWithin