Sunday, October 10, 2010

Tatum Olivia





Tatum Olivia is here!

Her Story:
Thursday night I was having contractions that were pretty consistant so I went in to triage just to get checked out. They checked everything, I was was dilated to 4 cm and they hooked me up to check the progress. After 10 hours and no progress they sent me home. Friday I did my normal mom stuff, cleaned the house and went to Target. That night around 11 pm, I got up to pee and as soon as I stood up my water broke (exploded) ALL over the place. This is my 5th kid and I have NEVER had my water break ever. Usually they have to break it for me. Anyways, immediatly after my water broke, I started getting these horrible aweful PAINFUL contractions. Holy crap I thought that I was going to die. I got to triage, I was 6 cm. After a very painful hour I got my epidural (got stuck in the back twice and now dealing with back problems still...) They checked me again and I was 9cm. Surprise, remember the painful hour. My Dr. wasn't there yet, and I had to push, so I got to hold her in until he showed up (20 min). He showed up and 2 pushes later Tatum was born! This was my fastest labor ever. Not a big fan...

She was 3 weeks early and weighed 7lbs 1oz and only 19in long. She is so little! I have never had a baby this small! 



4 comments:

Amanda J said...

Tatum is BEAUTIFUL!! I'm glad it was a quick labor for you! I can't imagine waiting 20 minutes for a doctor to show up. So painful! I would have said screw you to the nurses and pushed her out! I hope your back feels better!

Julie Barb said...

Congrats! She's beautiful! What an incredibly fast delivery! Good luck!...I'm sure you're a pro by now!

TulsaT said...

she is such an angel.

Amy said...

She is beautiful! Congrats! I hope you're feeling better!

LinkWithin