Thursday, September 10, 2009

My Big Toe...

My poor big toe. It's seen better days. It all started Saturday...

I ran 9 miles on Saturday, after the run I noticed that my big toe was a little bruised. No big deal. My fault because I wore the wrong socks. Anyways, on Monday I was walking thru the living room and kicked a pile of blankets out of the way and ended up kicking a big pile of toys. My children think that putting things in a pile and covering it with a blanket it is how to clean the living room. I said a few nicely chosen words and threw the toys in the trash. They're not my toys, I don't care if they go in the trash. And obviously they didn't want them either because they left them on the floor. So whatever healing my big toe was doing was gone. Then on Tuesday morning before I had to take Ash to school, I was standing at the counter talking to Brian and all of a sudden Hayden (who is in her walker) sprints to me from across the kitchen and RIPS OFF MY TOENAIL!!!! It's gone, all of it and it is really gross! It hurts! It is seriously a bloody mess! I ended up going to the doctor because it was "leaking". It was starting to get infected so know I am on some antibiotics and some nice pain pills. My toe has to stay wrapped up for the next couple of weeks and it hurts it walk. While I was at the Doctors, I asked him how long till I will be able to run again. He just starts LAUGHING at me and telling me that I won't be doing any running for a LONG TIME!!!! Awesome. I am supposed to be running the half marathon in a month. So know I don't know what I am going to be doing about the run. I hope that I will be able too, but it doesn't really look like it going to happen right now...

1 comment:

Amanda J said...

Oh. My. Gosh! I honestly don't know what to say other than I probably would have pitched the toys too! What are you going to do about the half marathon?

LinkWithin