Thursday, January 15, 2009

It finally happened...

It finally happened. After weeks of labor pains, I finally went into labor.

I started getting contractions again around 10:00 Saturday morning. By 4:00 I was still having them and having "discharge issues" (gross, I know) so I called my doctor and he said come in to Triage to get checked out. We get to Triage and they check me and I am dilated to a 5-6 cm. They decide to monitor me for a while to see if I would progress more or if my water would break. At 6:30, nothing was really happening, so they where going to send me back home. Then the nurse checked me again while I was having a contraction and said that I was really "stretchy" and now dilated for a 6-7. She didn't really feel comfortable sending me home so she asked if we could stay for another hour just to see if something would happen. Another hour went by, nothing. We ended up staying there for 3 more hours and they called my doctor and he said to admit me and give me an epidural and he'll be in later to break my water. Before I got my epidural, a nurse checked me again and I was dilated to an 8, so things where starting to move fast. I got my epidural (best thing in the world) but it made me REALLY nauseous. That's happened before, but not like this, I was nauseous the entire time it was stuck in my back. My doctor came in around 1:00 am and broke my water, left to change for the delivery, came back and I delivered her at 1:30 am.

Hayden was 13 days early and weighed 8lbs 7oz and was 22 in long. She isn't my heaviest baby (Kailyn wins that) but she is my longest!

If you ask me how long I was in labor, I really couldn't tell you. Technically I was in labor for three weeks, but if you count from when they broke my water (I was 8 cm) to the time I delivered; it was about 15 minutes.

One thing that was kinda neat, my friend Adrienne (who was due a week AFTER me) had her baby Friday afternoon, so I got to see her while I was there!

3 comments:

* said...

All I have to say is...IT"S OVER AND WE ARE NO LONGER PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah D. said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful and I love her name!

Mark and Mel said...

Congrats! When do we get to see pictures?!

LinkWithin